Painting can be a pain but my goodness it can change the feel of an entire house. Here are 6 steps to make sure your paint job goes the way you want it to.
- Prepare the surface carefully before painting. Thorough cleaning and smooth sanding will ensure a better finish.
- Flick the brush bristles back and forth before use to remove dust and loose bristles.
- Hold the brush like a pencil, using long, steady strokes.
- Dip the brush only halfway into the paint. Remove excess by tapping gently against top of can.
- Paint with the brush tip – not the sides.
- Brush paint on dry area and work into wet area to allow overlap to blend. Start at the top when painting walls.