The dishwasher cleans your plates, bowls, glasses, mugs, knives and forks so you definitely want it to be working at it’s best. Here is an easy way to clean your dishwasher so it stays in tip top shape.
We recommend that you do this at least once a month.
- Firstly make sure it’s completely empty
- Using a multi-purpose spray wipe down the inside edges of the door
- Spray inside the dishwasher along the base of the door (this is where I find the most gunk build up), using a paper towel or old toothbrush remove gunk
- For stubborn gunk pour over boiling water, then wipe away, no need to scrub too much as it will easily wipe away after it has gone through a cycle
- Remove any food caught in cutlery basket
- Place a jug filled with vinegar (1 and a half cups) on the top rack of dishwasher
- Turn dishwasher on economy at the hottest temperature, run through a cycle
- Once the cycle has finished use a paper towel to ensure that all gunk is removed
- To freshen the smell of the dishwasher, sprinkle a cup of baking soda (or bicarb) into the bottom of the dishwasher
- Run dishwasher again on economy at the hottest temperature
- Wipe down the outside of your dishwasher and any surrounding cupboards or walls that may have splatters from dirty dishes.