Honeycomb is not only a crowd pleaser but it is so easy you will be wondering why you ever bought it from the shops! It only takes 20 minutes and my goodness it is delicious.
You will need:
- 500g caster sugar
- 250ml golden syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 90ml water
- 1 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
Now you have what you need here’s what to do:
- Grease a 20x30cm cake tin then line the bottom and sides with baking paper. Make sure the baking paper’s sides are at least 5cm above the sides of the tin. Grease the baking paper with a little butter or oil.
- Add sugar, golden syrup, vanilla and water to a deep heavy bottomed saucepan. Bring the mixture to the boil but do not stir. Boil until it reaches the hard crack stage which should take about 10mins. During boiling if there are any sugar crystals on the sides of the saucepan brush the sides of the saucepan with a clean pastry brush dipped in water to remove them.
- Remove from heat and working quickly. Add the bicarbonate of soda whisking to incorporate. The mixture will bubble when adding the bicarbonate of soda so watch the hot toffee.
- Immediately pour into the prepared tin.
- Let cool and set completely before touching then break into pieces and enjoy!
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.