I love clean carpet, nothing feels better and it makes the whole house feel ‘lighter’. I have been spending so much money on expensive carpet cleaner for years until I started to experiment and I have such a simple and easy solution. Here is how to make your own very cheap, very effective carpet cleaner.
If you would like to download the FREE printable label and product instructions click here.
You will need:
1 container (an old parmesan cheese container or bacon-bits container would be perfect)
1 box of baking soda
Essential Oil (I am a sucker for lavender but take your pick)
- Fill up container half way with baking soda
- Add 10-15 drops of essential oil
- Shake mix
- Fill up the rest of the container with baking soda (so it is nearly full but not so full that you won’t be able to shake the mix out)
- Add another 10-15 drops of essential oil
- Shake mix again to the essential oil is throughout
- Done you are now ready to use it!
How to use the product:
- Gently shake a thin layer on your carpet
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes
- Vacuum Up