This is a crowd pleaser! It is not only delicious but you can get the kids involved by getting them to stuff their own capsicum, it not only gives them something to be proud of but they take ownership of the meal and eat it with great excitement!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
You will need:
- 3 chorizo sausages, finely chopped (you could also use beef mince if you don’t like chorizo, if you use mince instead make sure you add onions and garlic for flavour)
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tbs smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 cup (250ml) water or chicken stock (I use chicken stock it really gives the couscous a flavour hit)
- 1 cup (190g) couscous
- 1/2 cup (85g) stuffed green olives, thinly sliced (optional)
- 4 red or yellow capsicums, halved, seeded
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
Prepare the Chorizo Couscous
Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Add the tomatoes and paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until heated through. Add the water or chicken stock and bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Add the couscous and olives and gently stir to combine. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes. Use a fork to fluff the grains to separate.
Place the capsicums, cut-side up, in a roasting pan. Spoon the couscous evenly among each capsicum half. Drizzle with olive oil. Loosely cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until capsicums are tender. Remove from oven.
Serve and Enjoy
Place on serving plates and serve immediately with baby rocket leaves, if desired. Enjoy!