These are so easy we don’t have them all the time but they are a great snack or a simple lunch box filler for kids of all ages – my hubby loves these to nibble on in between jobs.
You will need:
500g block of ready roll puff pastry
12 skinless sausages
- Pre-heat the over to 200C and lightly grease a baking tray.
- Divide the block of pastry into three equal pieces and roll out each one so that it is the length of four of your sausages allowing for a small gap between each.
- Melt the butter so that it is slightly softened and brush the pastry all over so that one side is covered with a thin layer of butter.
- Lay the sausages on the pastry (because they are skinless, they’re already shaped and there’s no messy handling of sausage meat) and fold over to make the roll. Seal the pastry edges and cut between the sausages. Repeat with the other two strips of pastry.
- Beat the egg and brush each sausage roll with egg wash.
- Place on the baking tray and cook in the oven for 25-30 mins until the pastry has turned a light golden brown and the sausages are cooked.
- Eat hot or cold and store in an air-tight container.