For me the best part of greek food are the lemon potatoes, well I have been given the secret and this is definitely something one doesn’t keep to themselves! DELICIOUS!
Pre Time: 15mins
Cook Time: 1hr 10mins
You will need:
1kg of yukon gold potatoes or any other other waxy potato (peeled)
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 cups stock or broth (your choice, I use lamb stock)
- Peel potatoes and cut them in half (from medium size potatoes, quarter if large).
- Let them stand in water while preparing sauce.
- Combine all other ingredients in a gallon size”zipper” bag, and shake to combine.
- Dry off the potatoes, and put all of them in the bag and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Put the potatoes and marinade in a large casserole, preferrably a white pyrex, approximately 13 x 9 x 3 oval.
- Roast for 1hr 10min, turning occasionally.
- There should be plenty of sauce left over after roasting.
- You can put these under the broiler for 5 minutes to crisp them up if you prefer