It sounds sort of ridiculous doesn’t it? A washing machine that cleans your clothes needs to be washed itself. Take a close look at your washing machine, if you have never washed it don’t worry you are not alone but now it is time for a change and it is very easy!
- Start by filling your washing machine with hot water. Set the dials to the biggest load and hottest setting and let it fill up.
- Pour 2 cups of bleach into the water. Close the lid for about 1 minute and let the water mix.
- Once mixed let the bleach water sit for an hour then run the machine through it’s cycle.
- Once complete fill your washing machine with hot water (like the first step)
- Pour 2 cups of white vinegar into the water. Close lid for about 1 minute and let the water mix.
- Dip a sponge into the vinegar water mixture and wipe down lid, dials, dispensers and let vinegar water sit for an hour.
- Then use a microfiber cloth to scrub, wipe, and buff away any grime inside your washer drum. A normal sponge won’t remove all of the waxy build up.
- It is recommended that this is done twice a year.