This is my “I haven’t planned dinner and the kids are going to eat off one of my arms soon” meals. You can get the kids to help, it is super quick, simple and DELICIOUS – need I say more?
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
You will need
- 1 bunch rosemary (Optional but it does add a heap of flavour)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 700g minced beef
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (25g) dry (packaged) breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs peach chutney (or other good-quality fruit chutney again this is optional if you don’t use a chutney 1 teaspoon of sugar will do the trick)
- 4 long slices (about 75g) prosciutto, halved lengthways (or bacon)
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- 4 large (about 1kg) potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) cream
- Steamed spinach, to serve (You can substitute this with any green veg)
1. Preheat oven and chop rosemary and garlic
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Reserve eight small sprigs of the rosemary.
- Finely chop remaining rosemary leaves to make 2 tbs.
- Finely chop 1 of the garlic.
2. Combine, Divide, Wrap and Bake
- Combine the chopped rosemary and garlic, beef, onion, egg, breadcrumbs and chutney in a medium bowl.
- Divide beef mixture evenly into 8 portions.
- Shape each portion into oval shapes.
- Wrap each portion with a slice of prosciutto, tucking in a reserved rosemary sprig on the top.
- Place meatloaves on a greased oven tray.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with black pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
3. Prepare the Mash
- Cook the potato and remaining garlic in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well.
- Return to pan and use a potato masher or fork to mash until smooth.
- Add cream and stir to combine.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Serve and Enjoy
- Place the meatloaves and garlic mash on serving plates.
- Serve immediately with steamed spinach.