Kale is one of the trendiest foods going around at the moment so we thought we would just on the bandwagon and share this recipe that will leave everyone wanting more!
You will need the following to 4 to 6 servings
- 1 good-sized bunch kale
- Olive oil as needed
- Seasonings, as desired (garlic powder or chilli flakes work a treat but lightly salted is also great!)
- Salt to taste
- Remove kale leaves from the stems and tear into bite-sized pieces
- Rinse the leaves, and let it dry completely this is very important. Let it dry as long as need be.
- Once the kale is dry, preheat the oven to the desired temperature about 170º C is good.
- Transfer kale to a bowl and drizzle in a little olive oil. Massage it evenly into the leaves with your hands.
- Add your extra seasonings if you want but do not add salt. Salt will make the kale chips soggy.
- Spread the leaves on baking pans, in a single layer. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on your oven’s true temperature. Check them from time to time. The chips should be evenly dry and crisp and just barely beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and add a little salt to taste.