Reupholstering your chairs is a great way to update your furniture without spending the big bucks. Here are the very simple steps to giving your chairs a new look.
1. Remove the seat.
2. Lay the seat on your fabric and cut it out leaving a couple inches around each side. I covered the fabric that was already on there, but you could certainly remove it first. You’ll want to make sure if you have a pattern, it is laying down the right way before you cut it.
3. Pull one edge of the fabric around the top and grab your staple gun.
4. Staple around one edge every few inches. Once you have finished one side, go to the opposite side and pull the fabric tight. Staple that edge.
5. You’ll repeat with the other two sides.
6. Once you get to the corners, pull the fabric straight up.
7. Push the fabric down around the edges creating a smooth edge. While holding the fabric with one hand, staple it down with the other. Watch out for those fingers!
8. At this point you can cut off any extra fabric.
9. Now put the seat back in your chair, and enjoy the new look!