There is nothing better than picking basil from your garden, you can put it with pretty much anything so it never goes to waste. I have put together some very simple but effective tips when looking after Basil.
- Basil grows readily from seed but for an instant result buy the small plants. They both do the trick it just depends on what you would like.
- Shade new plants on a hot day, you only need to do this until they have established a strong root base.
- Water them daily.
- Space plants about 20cm apart.
- Plant in full sun or part shade (Remember when they are babies they need a little protection from the harsh sun).
- Pick regularly to encourage growth